Friday, June 10, 2011

Sundance

Back in my favorite part of the state: Crook County. Eastern Crook County to be exact (and NE Weston too). It's been raining, so there's green and the dirt is red and it is so delicious! Seriously, I think this is my heart place, and I would move here if it was a reasonable thing to do, in terms of supporting myself.

Sundance has a new restaurant. Sadly, I won't get to try it on this trip. It's called Etta's Place (after the Sundance Kid's girlfriend), and it has a changing menu (daily!). It is definitely a step above in terms of ambiance and food style from your average small town restaurant. I hear the food is good too.

The Crook County Community Room is very nice. It's conveniently located, and it has a kitchen, and it is big. But don't have meetings there; it has only metal folding chairs. A word to the wise.

Make sure to stop by the Sundance Mercantile and buy your favorite baby a pair of jackalope slippers. It's a must-have present!

Sundance is working hard on Old Stony, a neat old building which they are raising money to renovate for a museum. In fact, on June 11, they are having a fundraiser art auction. $20 to get in, with good appetizers and wine, and lots of artwork to bid on. I'm going to try to go; it's always fun to see the artwork, and to support local efforts to preserve their history.

No comments: